Paula Swayne's Blog

Saturday, August 1, 2009

WHERE IS YOUR DINING ROOM TABLE?


It sounds like a crazy title, but read on...


I grew up sitting at a table with my parents, brother and grandmother. We talked about our day, our thoughts, and laughed...a lot. I didn't appreciate it at the time, but we "got" each other as a result.


I wish I could have a "do over" and recreate that experience for my own children. We were always on the go. We sat down in the family room, the television blaring, and ate...oblivious to each other. Oh, how I wish I could change that. I do have a wonderful family, and we do "get" each other...but it could have been so much better.


So, here I am. I am hoping that if I can get just one person to change their routine...to actually have their family sit at a table and chat...this blog will have had more impact than any post I have ever done.


Change...the most difficult, yet rewarding thing we can do. That's it.
www.PaulaSwayne.com

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home